Vanessa Varela is an Assistant Professor in Education at Mount Mary University, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her work focuses especially on second language acquisition, ESL, bilingual education, world language, and multicultural literacy. Her current projects include a research on childrens’ books, and the development of an ESL strategy at Mount Mary University. Vanessa is also an author and illustrator of two children’s books that exalt the Hispanic heritage among young readers.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What being a Developer means to Vanessa
- She shares her journey coming to the US, being a 2nd language learner, and creative ways she has found to share her culture with the world
- How Vanessa is working to impact other young girls and women
Vanessa and I agreed that it would be important to mention to you that it is National Hispanic Heritage month, which lasts September 15-October 15 here in the United States. Because so much of Vanessa’s life mission and her own story ties to empowering Hispanic females, I am grateful to bring to your attention this focus on Hispanic heritage. Her own contributions to representation, elevation, and empowerment of the Hispanic community are significant. What a gift to share with you Vanessa Varela’s Developer story.
Connect with Vanessa:
- Sarah’s Website
- Sarah on Twitter
- Sarah on IG
- Sarah on LinkdIN
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sarahsajohnson
- In AWE Podcast: www.inawetorise.com
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-awe-podcast/id1446046418
Need a high-energy, authentic presenter for your organization? Contact Sarah Johnson for presentations on Going Beyond Balance, Leadership Foundations, Affirming Purpose, and many more.
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help amplify more women and reach more who need their messages by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.