Have you ever interviewed for a job and not received the promotion you were seeking? In today’s episode featuring Alex Valencic, Sarah Johnson and Joshua Stamper discuss the topics of working through the disappointment, establishing your relationship with your new supervisor, and the way to have transparent conversations about your goals.
About Alex Valencic:
Alex Valencic is an educator, former small business owner, Boy Scout, volunteer drug prevention specialist, unrepentant bibliophile, and a geek of all things. His professional teaching career began thirteen years ago when he began working as a substitute teacher for three years before achieving his lifelong dream of teaching fourth grade, which he did for seven years in Urbana, Illinois. He currently lives and works in Freeport, Illinois, as a Curriculum Coordinator in an EC-12 district. Alex’s job duties include supporting innovative educational practices; planning, developing, and coordinating professional learning for all staff; and overseeing the social studies, career and technical education, physical education, health, art, and music programs in the district.
Follow Alex Valencic:
Resources from this Episode:
- “Thrive Through The Five” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/195160038X/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=195160038X&linkCode=as2&tag=aspirewebsite-20&linkId=3771ec6479ffb0b0c6be7e80ff4e4aac
- HBR Article: https://hbr.org/2019/12/you-didnt-get-that-internal-job-you-really-wanted-now-what
Interested in being a guest on Aspire to Rise?
We would love to hear from you here.
Follow the Hosts,
- Sarah’s Website
- Sarah on Twitter
- Sarah on IG
- Sarah on LinkedIn
- Sarah on Facebook
- Podcast Website
- Subscribe to the In AWE Podcast
- Join Sarah’s FREE Five Day Going Beyond Balance Challenge:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
This post contains affiliate links.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Contact Sarah Johnson for presentations on Going Beyond Balance, Leadership Foundations, Affirming Purpose, and many more.