Angie Bodzislaw is Director at Spooner Memorial Library in Spooner, Wisconsin. She is Vice Chair of WLA’s Wisconsin Small Libraries and serves on the Cooperative Children’s Book Center Advisory Board. She earned her MLIS degree from UW-Milwaukee and is a graduate of both Wisconsin DPI’s Youth Services Development Institute and Wisconsin Library Association’s Leadership Development Institute. Most recently Angie co-founded a local initiative called Community First – Washburn County where she worked alongside a handful of community organizations to hand out care packages and deliver food to those in need while also supporting local businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Angie’s mantra is “choose joy” and believes greatly in the role of libraries in offering community, opportunity, and literacy.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Angie’s courageous journey into her current role as library director.
- Her experience in delving deeper into herself as a leader and engaging in embracing her strengths and focusing on refining in this year,
- And Angie gives us a beautiful testimony for what that self-knowledge is doing in and through her in supporting a loved one through mental health challenges and addiction.
There is so much wisdom in this interview, and Angie’s willingness to share her story with you inspires me deeply. She is a force in this world with a voice meant to be amplified, and I cannot wait for you to get to know my friend in this conversation. What a joy that I get to share with you today Angie Bodzislaw’s Courage story.
Connect with Angie:
Angie on Facebook
Angie’s Professional Email
- Sarah’s Website
- Sarah on Twitter
- Sarah on IG
- Sarah on LinkdIN
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sarahsajohnson
- In AWE Podcast: www.inawetorise.com
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-awe-podcast/id1446046418
Need a high-energy, authentic presenter for your organization?
Contact Sarah Johnson for presentations on Going Beyond Balance, Leadership Foundations, Affirming Purpose, and many more.
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help amplify more women and reach more who need their messages by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.