Dr. Chaunté Garrett is an instructional leader with building and district level experience in transforming schools. She designed curriculums, developed and implemented instructional initiatives, helped develop district policies promoting teacher quality and student access to opportunities and supported teachers and administrators in closing achievement gaps, increasing growth and proficiency. Dr. Garrett, an ASCD Emerging and Faculty member, leads a K-12 charter school in Eastern North Carolina.
A 2014 ASCD Emerging Leader, her work with ASCD includes serving as a blogger and design team member on topics such as whole child education, instructional coaching, instructional design, instructional leadership, accountability, equity and racism. She also serves as a featured speaker and presenter at ASCD Empower and a cadre of other conferences.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dr. Chaunté Garrett’s path into education and the courage her parents demonstrated in their own lives inspired her on her courageous path.
- Her experience sharing her voice to be an advocate for equity and the way she chose to develop a platform for real change,
- And we dive into the courage Dr. Chaunté practices to learn about herself as a leader and advocate for her needs so she can be the strongest leader yet.
What a true honor to have this conversation with a deeply inspirational and effective leader. I have long appreciated her messages, our connection, and now I am elated to share Dr. Chaunté Garrett’s Courage story.
Connect with the Dr. Chaunté Garrett:
Dr. Chaunté Garrett on Twitter
Dr. Chaunté Garrett’s Website
- Sarah’s Website
- Sarah on Twitter
- Sarah on IG
- Sarah on LinkdIN
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sarahsajohnson
- In AWE Podcast: www.inawetorise.com
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-awe-podcast/id1446046418
Need a high-energy, authentic presenter for your organization?
Contact Sarah Johnson for presentations on Going Beyond Balance, Leadership Foundations, Affirming Purpose, and many more.
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help amplify more women and reach more who need their messages by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.