Melissa Mann is a special education teacher with the Madison County School System. She has taught both self-contained and collaborative students in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade. Melissa is dually certified in Elementary Education and Special Education. She also has a Master’s in School Counseling and is a certified school counselor. Melissa has presented for the past ten years at Alabama’s state technology conference and at various local conferences. Melissa is also a trainer for Simple K-12, and she enjoys writing devotional blogs.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- Melissa’s passion for aiding students to overcome the labels that can get placed upon them in our school systems
- Her personal journey in learning what becoming an overcomer means through the lens of significant challenges in her own life
- She shares how her evolving faith has rooted her through an early loss of a sibling, a traumatic collision, and a recent cancer diagnosis,
- And we hear more about her inspirational story to take off survivor to overcomer as a label in her own life.
It can be challenging to fit a person’s life story in a short podcast interview, but we did it here friends. Melissa and I became connected within the past few years through social media, and I am grateful that she came alongside me on my launch team for Lead with FAITH, and I deeply enjoyed hearing more about her incredible story of resilience through this interview today. It is with deep gratitude for her willingness to share that I bring you Melissa Mann’s Overcomer story.
Connect with Melissa:
Melissa on Twitter
- Sarah’s Website
- Sarah on Twitter
- Sarah on IG
- Sarah on LinkdIN
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sarahsajohnson
- In AWE Podcast: www.inawetorise.com
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-awe-podcast/id1446046418
- Join Sarah’s FREE Five Day Going Beyond Balance Challenge:
Need a high-energy, authentic presenter for your organization?
Contact Sarah Johnson for presentations on Going Beyond Balance, Leadership Foundations, Affirming Purpose, and many more.
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help amplify more women and reach more who need their messages by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.