Dr. Atina Young has had the opportunity to work in many levels of public school as a classroom teacher, school counselor, assistant principal, and principal, and leadership specialist. Dr. Young’s journey began as a middle school teacher. Working on her master’s degree and expecting her first child, she found passion in making a bigger impact on students and teachers while following her dreams of being a wife and mother. Six years and an additional child later, she decided to obtain her doctoral degree while working full time as a principal and taking care of her family.
She has developed expertise in K-12 education, Leadership Development, STEM, Special Education, Small Group Instruction and Intervention Systems, Rural and Urban Education, AVID, Nonprofit Organizations, Resume revisions, Mock Interviewing, and Mentoring. She is a graduate of Stephen F. Austin State University, University of Houston, and Lamar University. And no big deal, but she is quite the celebrated leader, receiving the TEPSA Regional Assistant Principal of the Year, Smithsonian STEM campus administrator fellow, Living Tree Communication Grant, Ladies of the Lake Foundation Leadership Award, and Houston’s 40 Under 40 Influential Leader.
Dr. Young and her husband Travis, a fellow education administrator, have two children – Caeden and Kailee. They reside in the Houston area.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- Dr. Atina’s experiences with professional mentoring in the school setting and her background in education
- Her Connecting Principal business and her focus on professional mentorship in that space
- Dr. Atina’s passion for serving women in leadership, and
- She shares insight into her beliefs about supporting professionals in their roles
Connect with Dr. Atina Young:
Facebook: The Connecting Principal
- Website: www.sarahsajohnson.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SarahSajohnson
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahsajohnson/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarahsajohnson/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sarahsajohnson
- In AWE Podcast: www.inawetorise.com
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-awe-podcast/id1446046418
Need a high-energy, authentic presenter for your organization?
Contact Sarah Johnson for presentations on Going Beyond Balance, Leadership Foundations, Affirming Purpose, and many more.
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help amplify more women and reach more who need their messages by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.