As a leader, have you ever found yourself feeling attacked when a colleague is providing critical feedback? This month’s aspiring leader, Alana Gilliam, shares how she struggles to feel comfortable and confident in crucial conversations.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- A challenge Alana shares in her leadership experience
- Importance of emotional intelligence for leaders and complexity in giving and receiving feedback
- Resources for engaging in important and effective conversations
About Alana Gilliam:
She is a 6th grade math teacher and team leader in Bentonville Arkansas. She just started her 11th year teaching, and is currently working on her specialist degree in educational leadership. Alana has a passion for supporting both students and teachers in meeting the diverse needs of students.
Follow Alana Gilliam:
Resources from Episode
Interested in being a guest on Aspire to Rise? We would love to hear from you here.
Follow the Hosts,
- Sarah’s Website
- Sarah on Twitter
- Sarah on IG
- Sarah on LinkedIn
- Sarah on Facebook
- Podcast Website
- Subscribe to the In AWE Podcast
- Join Sarah’s FREE Five Day Going Beyond Balance Challenge:
- Lead with FAITH
- Balance Like a Pirate
- Contact Joshua
- Joshua on Twitter
- Joshua on IG
- Joshua on LinkedIN
- Aspire Leadership Development Podcast Facebook
- Subscribe to Aspire Leadership Development Podcast
This post contains affiliate links, which support the podcast at no cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Contact Sarah Johnson for presentations on Going Beyond Balance, Leadership Foundations, Affirming Purpose, and many more.
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help reach more listeners by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.