In order to exercise a character strength and inspire listeners to do the same, here are some of the moments that left me awe inspired this week! Please share one of yours at #InAWEtoRISE.
- Hummingbirds are a meaningful spiritual symbol for me, and a former student who had some trouble shared with me a tattoo that she had recently gotten. The connection we have runs deep, and her hummingbird tattoo represented her grandmother’s spirit. What an incredible moment and reminder for me to pay attention, to care for all people well, and to notice enough to see a sign. We can listen to stories. Because they matter. Stories matter.
- During a focused day of writing, it struck me randomly to contact a friend, but I resisted the urge because I am on a deadline! That same friend contacted me in the evening, noting that she needed to speak to me. When we did, she indicated she was “channeling me” earlier. I laughed, noting how resistant I was because of the fact that I was trying to focus. Next time, I’ll answer I said. The truth is that the conversation left me in awe. She stated that my #BalanceLAP message last August had been the catalyst for some really important change in her life. She needed to tell me this, and I needed to hear it.
- While running in the early morning hours over the weekend up at the lake of my childhood, I could literally feel the nostalgia of childhood and recent adult years fold together, and at the same time notice how much the months since I was last there have changed me. For the better. There is a confidence I carry and a stability of character and spirit that is effervescent compared to other times running along those roads. And it felt AWESOME!
- How good it felt to be in the presence of my family, and to hear my brother’s name on his daughter’s lips–shared memories–and his chihuahua snuggling up inside my jacket just as she did with him when he was alive and loving her. Memories from him and my grandpa are so present in that space, and they bring so much joy rather than pain.
- My youngest daughter woke in the 5:00 a.m. hour with all her items packed, brushing her hair and ready to get up to the lake to spend time with my family. What a gift that my seven year old anticipates seeing my parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews! Turns out, she was the only one in the boat trip she took to catch a walleye! Woot woot!
- My oldest daughter came home glowing after learning that the teacher she was wanting for fifth grade is the one she was assigned, and she indicated that it was sure to be the best year yet! I am in awe of the impact teachers have on our children. Inspired by teachers.
And as always, the beauty in nature like these shots from the week: