As a new feature of the In AWE Podcast meant to provide a jolt of inspiration and grow community around finding awe in our day to day world, here are Sarah’s top ten moments of awe from the week. Share yours at #InAWEtoRISE and tag Sarah!
Sarah’s Awe Inspiring Moments:
- Just as I was transitioning someone into the role I just left and feeling fear over the lack of a consistent paycheck, I received information about a consulting contract that would pay for six months worth of that work.
- I received a voxer message from a principal who I have long held esteem for that stated he was grateful that I blazed a trail and that my personal contributions to Balance Like a Pirate spoke to him. The timing was perfect as I was starting to question myself again and looking a lot more often at the state job site for principal positions again.
- One of my #slay goals, which are spiritually directed, is to publish the book I have been working on in 2019. The timing of setting up the contract has been longer than expected, but the timeline for publication lines up with the timeline I had set back in January.
- Last fall, I had shared my faith story with one staff member from our church, our Next Steps Coordinator. He is one of few people who has read my detailed faith story (like my entire life faith story), and I learned this week that he will be the new Executive Pastor. God showed me that this will matter in the plan He has in both our lives. Who knows when and what, but I never want to forget that.
- During a session I was facilitating, a powerful local female leader shared how she has been faced with many challenges leading the way as a woman in her role for her entire 30 year career. Her vulnerable story resonated with every facet of how I am looking to lead in the world. (Balance-Resilience-Faith and supporting women in leadership). She ended by saying, “Until the system is fixed, I will just continue to slay the giants.” I had chills go through my entire body—read about my #oneword #slay to get it.
- My daughter told me she believes by the time she graduates that I could be on the New York Times Bestseller list. (Not a current goal of mine, but I am awed by her belief in me.)
- Jay Posick asked for assistance with the #AWSAConnect Twitter chat because he was attending a Pink concert. I stepped in and the topic was about ending well to the last bell–which I was able to share I did by singing a Pink song on stage with a pink wig my last moments with students last year.
- Out on a bike ride in the 6:00 a.m. hour with me while I ran, my daughter noted how beautiful the birds sound singing to one another in the morning.
- In a session with a local school district, I shared words of gratitude written by one of my students eleven years ago that I kept in my portfolio…with that student in the audience as a teacher!
- In the exact moment when I was missing being a principal and specifically the relationships forged in that role, I received a text message from an influential mentor in my life asking to have lunch and engage in smart talk. Not the hour before I was feeling it, not three hours later. The moment. God’s timing is always perfect.
******Oh yeah. Then there was this beautiful sunrise at the dock.**********
Each week, I will publish my own awe-inspiring moments to exercise a personal character strength and challenge you to engage in finding your own moments. Share them at #InAWEtoRISE.
Interested in learning about your own character strengths? This source is helpful!
VIA Institute–Find your own character strength breakdown.